« Home | Dangers of Everyday Life » | Almighty Google » | Rising Star » | Human After All » | Here Ya Go, Universe! » | Hope For The Future » | Carl Edwards ESPN Cover » | Blog Envy » | The Ultimate Non-Couple » | Rough Day » 

Monday, April 17, 2006 

Back To My Roots

Recently I was reviewed by another blog site.  The review was quite blunt; scathing, in fact.  It was a major hit to my confidence, but it really became a catalyst for my thoughts. 
 
I've been thinking for some time that I needed to do something to jump-start my writing.  I've talked to Nick about this a lot and, time after time, he has reminded me that I  need to be doing writing just to do it - not to make money.  While I've known this to be true, I've been sluggish in really "getting" it.  It seems that I've spent so much time researching what I need to do in order to make money through writing, that my content has taken a down-slide. 
 
So the other day, following that awful review, Nick and I had another heart-to-heart about my blogs.  He really laid it out there again, saying that if writing didn't inspire me and give me life, then I needed to step back and find out why.  He reminded me of why I write.  I don't write because it brings me big bucks (or even ANY bucks), and I certainly don't put together SEO articles or anything to that effect.  I write because it's a catharsis, and because sometimes writing, for me, is easier than talking.
 
You'll notice the change in template and the lack of ads.  I'm going back to the basics.  I need to just write for awhile and let the rest follow as it will.  I'm not going to force this.  Bear with me as I figure this out - again.
 
 
Powered By Qumana

About me

  • I'm Sara
  • From United States
  • I consider myself to be a storyteller and often draw upon my everyday experiences in order to create stories. I grew up in a commune.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates