« Home | Rising Star » | Human After All » | Here Ya Go, Universe! » | Hope For The Future » | Carl Edwards ESPN Cover » | Blog Envy » | The Ultimate Non-Couple » | Rough Day » | What Should I Be When I Grow Up? » | Changing My Patterns » 

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 

Almighty Google

Well I'm back, but I'm hesitant to say so since I just feel so sucked of creativity lately.  I know, I know, it's the same old thing every time.  I would blame it on Mercury Retrograde again because I've been reading a few other blogs and they seem to be having the same problem, but unfortunately the Retrograde is over and we are left excuse-less. 
 
I did want to mention that I received a "warning" from Almighty Google saying that my blogs were receiving "false impressions."  Apparently it's not a good idea to enroll your blog in a program like Blog Explosion because you are basically generating false hits.  I don't exactly agree with this because although I know some advertisers do pay a very minute amount for impressions, the vast majority only charge for clicks.  In my mind, a click is a click (unless of course it's click fraud, but that's another story).  If a person is interested in an ad on my page and therefore, clicks on it, that is a legitimate click - whether they are coming by way of Blog Explosion or by way of search engine.  I would also be interested to see how many people received this warning.  I have navigated Blog Explosion and Blogmad and have seen countless blogs with Google Adsense on them. 
 
Regardless of what I think, I obviously don't make the rules so I have removed my blogs from any program that could give them "false impressions."  I am, however, still trying to wrap my brain around the situation -- but I guess there are whole blogs about this.  It's a bit discouraging though because it puts me right back at square one, making .16 per day and at a loss as to how to bring in traffic.  At least my mother still reads.
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Yes, I'm reading dear, keep it up...it will happen...remember it isn't about outcome...it's process NOW...let the Universe take care of you....

There's only one way to bring a continuous flow of traffic to a blog, and that's to have content that people want to read. No amount of sites like Blogexplosion will help you with that. At most they'll succeed in sending you the odd new visitor, but turning a single visitor into a regular is entirely dependent on the quality of your content.

My advice: stop playing around with Google adds and blog lists - they're not important! Focus on the content. You describe yourself as a sarcastic and witty writer - try showing some of that in your posts.

It can be done, but it requires hard work.

Thanks for the input Darren.

I read too, Sara, and I love your content! Keep up the good work!

I'm reading :)

Hang in there. There are plenty of other ways to make a buck for your efforts! If that's what you'd really like to do :)

Thank you!
[url=http://zyivwhav.com/sgwq/oire.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dtoubukw.com/hfcg/obio.html]Cool site[/url]

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Good design!
http://zyivwhav.com/sgwq/oire.html | http://bagrgkdk.com/kgpy/vcay.html

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Sara
  • From United States
  • I consider myself to be a storyteller and often draw upon my everyday experiences in order to create stories. I grew up in a commune.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates